Saturday, September 22, 2012

Paddling Around Lake Tholocco


Here on Post at Fort Rucker, they have a Lake called Lake Tholocco. (pronounced ta'locco or as my kids call it thocoloco) You can rent just about everything up here. They have canoe's, paddle boats, jet skis, motor boats, pontoon boats and other stuff. They even have cabins up here.
On this lovely day in September we decided to rent some paddle boats. We had loads of fun. We would paddle our boats to this little island in the middle of the lake and the kids would jump off the boat and play around. We even caught little Levi hanging off the side. We raced them to see who could paddle the fastest. I have to say those girls are quite fast. Even with me on Daniel and Luke's boat and Daniel and I paddling they still kicked our can. Luke was a big help and watched from the back of the boat which put Daniel and my big butt pretty darn level with the water. No wonder we didn't go anywhere. We spent the whole afternoon up there.
We made sure to lather everyone up with lots of sunblock but somehow I got missed. It's weird as a mom, you think you have gotten everyone only to find out you missed yourself. Needless to say I am very bright color of red. 


It was a lot of fun. They even had fun just playing close to the beach.

Levi throwing rocks into the lake. He had a blast. I love that he loves this stuff.

Great day together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment